- Who we are
- Our website and platform
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Transfer of your information out of the USA
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
Who we are
This website is operated by ZilLearn, Inc., incorporated in the United States of America (“USA“). We are the operator of an online learning network and knowledge exchange platform and for more information see https://about.zillearn.com.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the laws of the State of Delaware and we are responsible for the protection of that personal information for the purposes of those laws. If you are an EU data subject, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website and platform we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to make additional products and services available to you. These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website or platform, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase products or services via our website, post material to our website and complete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website or platform.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase or sell products or services via our website and/or platform or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website or on our platform(see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website or platform. This information may include:
- your name, email address, mobile number and other contact details
- date of birth. nationality and occupation
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our website and/or platform and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website and/or platform or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
Our website and platform are not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
If you are an EU data subject, we are required to have a legal basis for using your personal information. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- public task: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|When information is collected||What information we ask for||How and why we use your information|
|When you register with us||
Contact details: your name, email address and mobile number
We ask for this:
Delivery of Services
We ask for this:
Personal information: date of birth. nationality and occupation together with data collected on your use of our services
We ask for this:
We rely on consent as the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information, unless we are permitted by the applicable law to process your personal information without your consent
We will keep this information until:
If you choose to close your membership account, your personal data will generally stop being visible to others on our website and platform within 24 hours. We generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
We retain your personal information even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse (for example,if we have restricted your account for breach of our policies of guidelines), enforce our Platform Terms, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
Information you have shared with others (for example, through direct messaging and public wall posts) will remain visible after you close your account or delete the information from your own profile or mailbox, and we do not control data that other members have copied out of our website or platform. Ratings or review content associated with closed accounts will show a deleted user as the source. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (for example, search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your name and email address details)with our third party suppliers(including third party payment processing providers and third party marketing automation platforms which we use to distribute information about products and services and special offers which may be of interest to you).
This data sharing enables the third party payment processing providers to provide you with an e-wallet to process payments, refunds and credits relating to your activity on our website and/or platform and the third party marketing automation platforms to distribute tailored advertising to you on our website, our platform and by email.
Some of those third party recipients may be based outside the USA —for further information including on how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see ‘Transfer of your information out of the USA’.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Transfer of your information out of the USA
- Singapore, which is one of the administrative hubs for our corporate group, in order to provide your personal information to our affiliates or certain trusted third party service providers to: (i) facilitate the delivery of any services that you subscribe for through our website and/or platform; and/or(ii)to facilitate any marketing communications to which you have consented; or
- Republic of Ireland, in order to provide your personal information to our third party tax compliance service provider to ensure VAT/GST and sales tax compliance for the invoicing for the services; and
- to any other any jurisdictions if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security or prevent fraud and abuse.
Some of these countries do not have the same data protection laws as the USA (or if you are an EU data subject, do not have the same data protection laws as theEEA). Any transfer of your personal information will be subject to suitable relevant safeguards that are designed to help protect your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. If you would like further information please contact us(see ‘How to contact us’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the USA.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
We would like to send you information about products and services and special offers, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by email or via our website and/or platform.
We would also like to share your information with selected third party service providers so that they may send you information about their products and services, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you register with us.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting us at https://support.zillearn.com/portal/newticket
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
- updating your marketing preferences on your account settings page
It may take up to 3 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
If you are an EU data subject, under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you have any complaint or grievance about how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with the laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we welcome you to contact us via https://support.zillearn.com/portal/newticket.
If you are an EU data subject, the General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please raise a ticket at https://support.zillearn.com/portal/newticket.